We live in a society of sound bytes. And Christians have a tendency to study the Bible in a similar manner. Taking a verse, or a passage and missing the big picture. The Bible has context. It presents a story and history and each Bible study sound byte fits in and knowing how it fits helps with understanding and meaning and depth of meaning.
Here’s the goals we have for Events:
Events That Changed Everything will help the Bible unfold before you through the progression of Bible events and characters arranged chronologically.
Beginning with creation, everyone who participates will discover a new and deeper understanding and appreciation of the Bible with each sermon, each Bible lesson, and your own Bible reading.
- Understand the basic story line in the Bible
- Realize how you can be a part of God’s ongoing story
- Understand how God’s story has the power to change lives
- Increase Biblical understanding and knowledge and build an appetite for the Bible
- De-mystify Bible study
- And introduce Bible study resources and ongoing Bible study opportunities
Sunday, September 4th we will begin our journey in the Bible’s story with the Creation.
Share in our adventure as we experience the Bible as a whole and share these things with you here.